Sunday, May 04, 2008

Lack of updates

Sorry for the lack of updates. This spring has been hectic for me, I'm teaching a new course, teaching an additional course, and also personal issues going on - my cockatiel Gabriel sadly passed away (seizure suspected) during the holiday season, and I spent a few months searching for a new bird, and then the last few weeks bonding with her. The full extent of my craftiness lately has been spent on making her new toys. Her name is Kappa, and she's a dusky conure.

IMG_0567

As you can see, the toys I make for her aren't all that pretty, but she tends to like them. I just dropped some more money on toys from Birdy Booty, and they're really awesome toys, but so far Kappa's remained entranced with the simpler toys that she already has. I'm sure that'll change with time, but it's just silly. :)

So, my summer break's coming up soon, so expect more crafting from me as it moves into full swing at the end of May.

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry about your cockatiel going to Rainbow Bridge. Our cockatiel Albert is 23 now and getting rather fragile but still feisty. Good luck with your conure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ken. Gabe was a foundling, I don't even know how old she was but the vets were guessing only around 7 or 8. I'd only had her for a year and a half, it was quite tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about Gabriel. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey..nice looking bird...ur craft aint that bad..it's nice tho

    ReplyDelete